Held every Memorial Day weekend at the base of Mt. Shasta in the historic lumber town of McCloud, the McCloud Mushroom and Music Festival celebrates the proliferation of wild mushroom hunting that occurs every spring in and around McCloud. Enjoy live music, wine tasting, mushroom vendors, cooking demonstrations, workshops, and more.
View this post on Instagram
Held every Memorial Day weekend at the base of Mt. Shasta in the historic lumber town of McCloud, the McCloud Mushroom Festival celebrates the proliferation of wild mushroom hunting that occurs every spring in and around McCloud. Enjoy live music, wine tasting, mushroom vendors, cooking demonstrations, workshops, and more. Event details at link in bio! 🍄 #discoversiskiyou #seesiskiyou #wanderabove #venturebeyond #siskiyou #visitcalifornia #californiasnorth #siskiyoucounty #northerncalifornia #mccloud #mushrooms #mushroomhunters #mushroomhunter #forage #californiafood
Here are all the details of the awesome event:
McCloud Mushroom & Music Festival
Held every Memorial Day weekend, the mushroom festival celebrates the proliferation of wild mushroom hunting that occurs every spring in and around McCloud.
Saturday, May 25 10AM-9PM live music, mushroom vendors, wine tasting, special mushroom delicacies, cooking demonstrations, workshops and educational booths on mushroom harvesting.
- The Hill Street Howlers who will be playing Saturday 2:30-5:30 are an eclectic mix of five musicians living in the small town of McCloud, CA. All native Californians, the musicians bring to the stage a varied array of talents and backgrounds. This blend gives them the unique ability to play many styles of music. The band is just getting started but is looking forward to putting their own spin on existing tunes as well as original music.
Sunday, May 26 10AM – 6PM at 6pm -Same as Saturday
Sunday, May 26 – 6pm Mushroom Dinner- A Myco-Taste of Spain
Gourmet 5-course Mushroom Feast will be held as a One Table event down Main Street in McCloud and features Mt. Shasta’s wild mushrooms prepared by Chef’s Lounge team:
- Chef Todd Spanier of King of Mushrooms
- Chef Neil Marquis of Oink & Oscar
- Chef Rudy Duran of C’era Una Volta
- Chef Cad Hyatt, author of The Wild Mushroom Hunter’s Kitchen
- Chef Lonnie Henson of McCloud Hotel
- Chef Jeff Lensing of McCloud Meat Market & Tavern
MCCLOUD MUSHROOM FEAST MENU – A MYCO-TASTE OF SPAIN
Portabella Mushroom & Manchego Empanada: Piquillo Pepper & Porcini Mush Puree, Crispy Pork Belly, Cured Yolk Arugula
Hongos Rellenos de Chorizo y Manchego: Chorizo and Manchego stuffed mushrooms with a Black Trumpet jam
Colmenillas Al Ajillo: Garlic and Herb sauteed Morels with Roasted Red Pepper on Toasted Rustic Olive Bread
Sopa de Gazpacho con Colmenillas: Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crispy Mushroom Chips and a Candy Cap Mushroom-infused Cream
Jabali Asado Entero con Salsa Romesco de Boletas, Trufa Negra y Trompetas de la Muerte: Spit Roasted Whole Pig with a King Bolete Romesco Sauce. Platatas Bravas with Truffle Salt and Salsa Brava. Grelos-Braised Rapini with Garlic
Tarta de Santiago: Flourless Almond Cake made with Almond Cap Mushrooms, Candied Chantrelles, Wild Elderberries and Lemon Sauce
Wine available for purchase. Musical entertainment by the Howl Street Howlers.