20-years-ago, Eddie Murphy lived in a sprawling mansion in Granite Bay with sweeping views of Folsom Lake. Today, that mansion is up for auction.
At the height of his fame in 1998, Murphy and his then wife Nicole purchased the home northeast of Sacramento for $3.8 million. The comedian lost the home in his divorce, but Nicole was forced to sell it after she defaulted on her loan.
In July of this year, the home went up for sale for $10 million but had no takers. Now, the gorgeous home with picturesque views and unprecedented access to Lake Folsom is up for auction. The auction takes place on Oct. 27, on site at the home in Los Lagos Estates at 11 a.m., although you don’t have to be there to bid. There’s no minimum price. It goes to the highest bidder.
Here is what you get with the home:
- The mansion is more than 11,000 square feet.
- It has seven bedrooms, seven full bathrooms and four half baths.
- It has a home theater, billiard room, arcade parlor, gourmet kitchen, an elevator and an over-sized multi-car garage.
- The guest house is 5,200 square feet. It has three bedrooms, six bathrooms, a three-car garage, a gym and a conference room.
- The two and a half-acre property also has a pool, tennis court and basketball court.
How much would you pay for this amazing lake mansion?
Northern California’s Outdoor Digital Newsmagazine