From May 11 -17th, America will give thanks for the wonderful brew that keep us happy by celebrating American Craft Beer Week. As organized by CraftBeer.com, this year will mark the 15th year of the the craft beer celebration and will come with some different guidelines due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
As the pandemic has kept most American breweries closed, many are still serving up suds in various fashions while practicing social distancing. Most are offering gift cards, serving up to-go orders and are available in a can or bottle in various stores throughout NorCal. This week is the perfect time to support these great organizations.
“Independent craft breweries are an essential component in the important economic network of growers, distributors, supplier partners, beer lovers, and retailers,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and craft beer program director at the Brewers Association. “This American Craft Beer Week, brewers and beer lovers will connect in new ways during these challenging times. From May 11 to May 17, those who commit to giving independent craft beer will make a difference that reaches beyond the beverage to support and save thousands of hometown breweries who are instrumental in giving back to so many local communities and charitable causes.”
- Commit to #GiveCraftBeer at AmericanCraftBeerWeek.com: Stand up and be counted by gifting craft beer, gift cards, merchandise, or other food and beverage offerings from a U.S. craft brewery.
- Get Social: Use custom American Craft Beer Week social media posts.
- Sign up to become a supporter of independent beer at SupportIndependentBeer.com.
- Find your community: Use #GiveCraftBeer and follow @indiebeer_ for chances to participate all week
- Donate to the Believe in Beer Craft Brewery Relief Fund to help craft breweries and state brewers guilds weather this unprecedented financial storm.
When it comes to NorCal breweries, there are just so many to support during the American Craft Beer Week. Of course, there are the longstanding staples like those in the Northern California Craft Beer Hall-of-Fame. There are also some outstanding beers in Siskiyou County and the Redding area.
For a complete discussion on NorCal craft beers, listen to our craft beer draft on the Talking NorCal Podcast. Or see our list of the best craft beers brewed in NorCal. To check out all of the craft beer Northern California has to offer, check out this great brewery map put together by the San Francisco Chronicle. Whatever you like to drink, support local!