The 2019 California Trout Photo Contest is now accepting submissions July 15 through August 31st! Share your best photos of California’s rivers, streams and creeks and your angling experiences. Photos can include fish, anglers or others enjoying California waters or be more scenic in nature. Enter today for a chance to win some great gear and be featured on the CalTrout website, social media channels, and in issues of The Current.
11 winners total will be selected. One Grand Prize Winner, one People’s Choice Award and 9 Best Photo winners.
Need some inspiration? Check out last year’s winning photos here.
View this post on Instagram
📸 Headed on an adventure this weekend? Don't forget to take your camera! CalTrout's annual photo contest submission period is coming up soon. Will you be one of 11 winners? 🏆 Grand Prize wins a Sage Foundation rod and 2200 Series reel with 20 lb. Rio line. People's Choice Award wins a Tenkara Fly Rod and a Patagonia Refugio backpack embroidered with our logo. The remaining 9 Best Photos win a CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Fleece and CalTrout neck gaitor. Contest opens July 15th, check back then for an announcement with the link to enter.
- GRAND PRIZE – 1 Winner
Photo featured on the home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, Sage Foundation rod and 2200 Series reel with 20 lb. Rio line, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Fleece, and CalTrout neck gaiter ($575 value).
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD – 1 Winner
Photo featured on the home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, Tenkara Fly rod, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Refugio backpack, and CalTrout neck gaiter ($400 value).
- BEST PHOTOS – 9 Winners
Photo included on Caltrout.org photo contest page, one-year CalTrout membership, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Fleece, and CalTrout neck gaiter ($215 value).
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Once the submission period has ended, CalTrout will select 25 finalists. From those finalists, our members and social media followers will vote to determine the People’s Choice Award winner and 9 Best Photo winners. CalTrout judges will select the Grand Prize winner.
Judging Criteria: Photos will be judged on how well they depict the spirit of California waters and/or the sport of fly-fishing as well as overall artistic merit (lighting, color, composition, etc).
- All photos must in some way be related to California rivers, creeks, streams, or lakes and the activities around them. Ideally, photos should have a horizontal format.
- Maximum number of entries: 10 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form. (This will be available when the submission period begins on 7/15.)
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300 ppi, file size 3 MB or larger (at close to actual size) and must be in .jpg format.
- All entries must be received by midnight PST, August 31, 2019.
- If a person is in the photo, you must submit a signed model release for each person depicted in the image.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.